By Mark Taylor
The New American remark sequence is a really acclaimed source for ministers and Bible scholars who are looking to comprehend and expound the Scriptures. each one quantity includes:
• statement in keeping with the recent overseas Version.
• NIV textual content revealed within the physique of the commentary.
• Sound scholarly technique reflecting able examine within the unique languages.
• Interpretation emphasizing the theological harmony of every e-book and Scripture as a whole.
• Readable and acceptable exposition.
Mark Taylor's observation on 1 Corinthians appears at Paul's missionary trip to Corinth the place he planted a church and nurtured the recent believers for about eighteen months. Taylor will pay cautious realization to the nuances of the English translation (NIV), the Greek textual content, and the devices of which means which are important to studying this letter. He offers with readability the diversity of scholarly opinion concerning the concerns in 1 Corinthians after which makes a case for his personal views.
Read Online or Download 1 Corinthians: An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture (The New American Commentary Book 28) PDF
Similar christian reference books
Development upon his life-long paintings at the booklet of Leviticus, Milgrom makes this booklet available to all readers. He demonstrates the common sense of Israel's sacrificial procedure, the moral dimensions of historical worship, and the priestly kinds of ritual. ''Values are what Leviticus is all approximately. They pervade each bankruptcy and nearly each verse.
During this increased and up-to-date 3rd version of a massive paintings, revered Pauline pupil Victor Paul provide offers an research of a few of Paul's most renowned but frequently misunderstood moral teachings. Dr. provide enriches his dialogue of key Pauline issues together with: intercourse, marriage, divorce, homosexuality, ladies within the church, and the Church on the earth.
Except Genesis, Tobit includes additional info approximately marriage than the other biblical e-book. It displays third-century ideals and customs but additionally serves a didactic functionality, instructing Diaspora Jews what they need to worth of their personal marriages. This monograph elucidates those components by way of asking 4 questions: 1) Whom should still one marry?
This in-depth, but hugely interactive, verse-by-verse research of the publication of James is meant for use by way of males who're attracted to digging deeply into God's be aware. it can be utilized by males who are looking to research on my own, or as a part of a bunch. moreover, there's an accompanying women's model. whereas the illustrations and questions are detailed to every gender, the lesson fabric and theology in each one research are exact, permitting women and men to check in separate teams or jointly.
- Keeping the Feast: Metaphors of Sacrifice in 1 Corinthians and Philippians (Early Christianity and Its Literature Book 16)
- Jesus, meet Occam.: Examining the mortal life of Jesus
- Matthew: An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture (The New American Commentary)
- The First Book of God (Beihefte Zur Zeitschrift Fur die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft) (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- First Corinthians Verse-by-Verse (Bible Study Companion Series Book 1)
- The Historical Christ and the Jesus of Faith: The Incarnational Narrative as History
Additional info for 1 Corinthians: An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture (The New American Commentary Book 28)
1 Corinthians: An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture (The New American Commentary Book 28) by Mark Taylor