By Mark D. Van Ells
Through their very own phrases, we examine the sentiments of these younger women and men who served within the struggle. What have been their deepest ideas and fears? Their own stories? Such eyewitness debts, woven into the material of every bankruptcy, provide this absorbingly written publication an immediacy and vividness that marks a brand new departure in guidebooks.
significant battles and battlefields
Memorials, museums, websites, cemeteries, and statues
tips on how to get there
What to see
Then and now photographs
Read or Download America and World War I PDF
Similar military history books
The USS halfway first set sail in 1945 with hundreds of thousands of younger males on board. by the point it made its ultimate go back to port in 1992, greater than 220,000 americans had served at the provider. in the course of these years, the crew—whose common age was once nineteen—witnessed major international affairs, corresponding to chilly struggle espionage missions, confrontations with Mao Tse-Tung, and the liberation of Kuwait.
The amphibious attack opposed to a defended seashore is absolutely explored from the viewpoint of the defender.
Profitable suggestions is an engaging new research of the foremost elements that experience contributed to the advance and execution of winning recommendations all through heritage. With a group of prime historians, Williamson Murray and Richard Hart Sinnreich study how, and to what influence states, members and army enterprises have came upon an answer to advanced and doubtless insoluble strategic difficulties to arrive good fortune.
Born of perceived army necessity and native fiscal boosterism, �the appealing little put up at the Bitterroot� supplied a house for the U.S. military in Montana from 1877 onward. known as into carrier nearly unintentionally for the 1877 Nez Perce battle, castle Missoula hosted African American Buffalo squaddies, aviation pioneers, early army motor vehicle mechanics, Civilian Conservation Corps staff, international warfare II Italian and jap nationwide internees, US army prisoners, and quite a few US military and military devices.
- Strike Warfare: An Introduction to Non-Nuclear Attack by Air and Sea
- 74 (YEOMANRY) DIVISION 229 Infantry Brigade Black Watch (Royal Highlanders) 14th (Fife and Forfar Yeo.) Battalion : 16 December 1915 - 31 May 1919 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/3152/4)
- Soul of American Warriors
- Gettysburg's Unknown Soldier: The Life, Death, and Celebrity of Amos Humiston: The Life, Death and Celebrity of Amos Humiston
- 38 DIVISION Divisional Troops 176 Machine Gun Company : 19 March 1917 - 28 February 1918 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/2548/4)
- Exploring the Use of Microworld Models to Train Army Logistics Management Skills
Extra info for America and World War I
America and World War I by Mark D. Van Ells